Most useless camping gear you own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most useless camping gear you own

Rubber blow up sink I bought years ago when I first started backpacking. Luckily I realized just how stupid it was before I ever packed it so it has never been used. It still occupies a space in my backpacking gear closet. Don't know why I keep it. I think it's because it reminds me to think hard about what goes in my pack before packing. Gives me a little chuckle too when I think about the fact that there was a time when I was gullable enough to buy something as useless as that.

Comment

Growing up we had a propane lantern that used the green canisters. Our duel fuel model made the same noise I remember from childhood, the hissing noise of gas.

It's not big time annoying, I would just rather listen to night sounds or the fire cracking and popping.
      "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
      ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
        Our Coleman dual fuel lantern. We always end up using the rechargeable and battery operated lanterns.

There are a few reasons for this. One being we don't care for the ultra bright, white light from the fuel lantern. We prefer the dimmer, softer light from the battery operated ones.

It's also a lot easier to flip a switch than it is to pump and light. Then there's the noise; I don't care for the rushing gas noise from the fuel lantern.

And it is much easier (not to mention safer) for a klutz like me to be around rechargeable and battery operated lanterns. I am constantly bumping into things and knocking over stuff. My husband is much more relaxed when the fuel lantern is put away. :o
        I agree with you. My friend convinced me on buying one. Tried using it once. But the fumes really turned me off. Not to mention, I had a rather sleepless night worrying that I might get a fire or something (major paranoia I know). Happy to go back to my battery-powered ones.

Comment

Coleman Northstar Lantern, I've never used it, never needed to.

Comment

Working...
          X