No announcement yet.

Does your weather suck as bad as mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does your weather suck as bad as mine?

There may be no such thing as bad weather but there is weather I would rather would not like to camp in.
    There is only two things that I really hate.The first is setting up camp in the rain (or snow) and more importantly, taking down camp in the rain or snow. Nothing worse than having to dry out the tent after you get home!
    FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
      Nothing worse than having to dry out the tent after you get home!
      L0l! That is one chore that is so confounding - just not enough room to hang the fly to dry out. Add in the wet tarp/footprint and mats, it can take a full week to get everything dry.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I've pitched my camp in very strong winds, hail, snow, ice, cold miserable rain and nice sunny days too. The sunny days were the best! When back in civilization and there's the need to pitch-it again for drying it out, that gives me the excuse to extend my camping and sleep in the backyard! Sure it's extra work, but it's all in "the church of camping" that I subscribe to! Even if it's still raining when I return from camping, I might wait a day, but when the weekend comes the tent is pitched, in the backyard, and I'm camping again! I may choose to sleep in-doors but if I want to I can camp easily! And a modern canvas tent pitches much slower than your typical 3-season tents.LOL
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

One thing I learned moving to Oregon. If you don't want to camp in not so ideal conditions, you don't camp. And I once complained it was too hot to camp in Texas. Sure wish I had that sunshine about now.

Comment

One thing I learned moving to Oregon. If you don't want to camp in not so ideal conditions, you don't camp. And I once complained it was too hot to camp in Texas. Sure wish I had that sunshine about now. Moving here required me to completely re-gear. I used to cancel a trip due to rain. Now I go to find I'm not the only one.:D

Comment

It's an ohhhhhh so fine 89 degrees in the shade right now. Humidity at 75 % and the high going up to 95.vWonderous if ya enjoy brick and mortar stifle. In...............22 "daze" I'll begin my first camping trip (2 weeks)of the season and I sooooooooooooo canna wait!
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
              X