No announcement yet.

Does your weather suck as bad as mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your weather suck as bad as mine?

Well, southeast Idaho has had a week of rain and snow melt after several late spring snows. THis hasn't been great camping weather up until now. The ground is soggy and the streams are swollen. How are things in your neck of the woods?
    FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Re: Does your weather suck as bad as mine?

I'm not going to tell you that temps here have been ranging from 78-100 with anywhere from clear and sunny to mostly cloudy and windy. Not gonna tell you that I went camping last weekend and my buddy and I caught 6 edible catfish in about 2 hours...

Nope... not gonna tell you that at all.

I would tell you to come down for a visit, but I'm leaving town for 3 months on the 15th.
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

I know, my mom and grandparents are down in Sun City.

Comment

Well heck. You dont need anyone to invite you down here. Just show up and go campin!
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

This May, so far feels like April; a couple of nice warm days and comfortable evenings then whammy, back to highs in the upper 30s, rain sleet,& snow and nights almost bone chillin! Then it's back to nice days and warm evenings, then whammy! Cold Again! Like I said in another thread...Spring 2011 is: 404 Error. Reboot your 'puter now before it's too late! HaHa!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Well, we in sunny Florida are enjoying temps in the high 80s/low 90s right now, with the occasional rain every couple weeks. Nights can be from high 50s to low 70s.
            Hoping to get out this coming weekend for an overnighter. Then a weekend of camping on the holiday at month end. :cool:
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We're having phenomenally gorgeous weather this week. Temps in the low 70s; low humidity; gentle breeze. [That's why I'm currently sitting on my deck posting this while procrastinating going to work today.)

To temper that though, we've had a cycle for several weekends of rain / thunderstorms / tornado watches. More rain forecasted for upcoming weekend.
              Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Ours sucks but for another reason, dry dry dry, oh and very hot. Fires dance around the state and several of my favorite campgrounds have been closed due to fires or fire damage.
                Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Well, it was 78 degrees the past three days and a cold front just blew in. It is suppose to snow on Tuesday. After all, it is Idaho. Wait ten minutes if you don't like the weather and it will change!

Comment

2nd day of rain just commenced (had to close my window since water was pouring in) with at least 4 more days of same to come.
                    Currently, 55 degrees but feels like 45 to me.
                    Feels like April to me.....
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We're just now seeing that bright orb in the sky here in Oregon. I think this is the wettest season in the 5 years I've been here. I really miss my 9 months of camping in Texas.

Comment

It has been cloudy and rainy here as well. It definately is a wet spring. THe rivers are swollen!

Comment

Its raining here for the start of the May long weekend.

Comment

Finally, after a solid week of rain, the sun has come out...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
                            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

In my book there is no such thing as "bad" weather, it's just different!

Anyway, tonight in Reno....2" of snow on the valley floor! We are at 4700' in elevation! Lake Tahoe(6200'), 25 minutes southeast is predicting 1 foot of new snow! Will winter never end? This is May 29th! Memorial Weekend!
                              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                              X