canteen cup lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: canteen cup lid

@NYCgrrl: lolz I know what you mean...I'm hoping that I can get my kids(one 4; other on the way) to get into camping...once a month without video games should help make them a bit more grounded then the rest of their generation who don't even know what clean air tastes like...

Comment

I almost ordered one stainless canteen lids....with shipping it comes to roughly 30.00!! I don't mind spending a fair amount, but that's rediculous.

http://canteens.co
      Last edited by baumann; 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

If all else fails you can make a canteen cup lid, or carry a bit of heavy aluminum foil.
        When I couldn't find one, between production runs of the stainless ones (more than a few years ago), I made one up from food safe lexan; it worked fine; but it never did fit in the pack well so I stopped trying to carry it (no great expense nor loss/regret)...My feelings are; its really not worth the effort.
        If I can find it in the box of obsolete camping junk I'll post a pic.
        ...found it.

Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
        X