Suggestions on Camping Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions on Camping Chairs

My camp chairs are from cabelas and going into about their tenth year. I have regular chairs and recliners which are comfortable to get in a cat nap. My newest accusition is called the chair-pak which you can check out at chair-pak.com. I use it for day hikes, hunting and fishing and am quite pleased with it. The pack portion has ample room for your needs for the day and the nice thing about the chair part is that it has a back making it comfortable enough that I can sit on stand for deer all day long. The chair-pak is a great choice for daypacking and is constructed of really sturdy, light weight steel and a heavy weight cloth seat and backsupport. The pack itself is made of the same stuff that the seat and back are made of and has enough room to hold all your hunting stuff. It is a peice gear that you will loveonce you try it.

Comment

I really like the Helinox One.

http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...inox-One-Chair

Comment

Originally posted by Hikenhunter View Post
        My camp chairs are from cabelas and going into about their tenth year. I have regular chairs and recliners which are comfortable to get in a cat nap. My newest accusition is called the chair-pak which you can check out at chair-pak.com. I use it for day hikes, hunting and fishing and am quite pleased with it. The pack portion has ample room for your needs for the day and the nice thing about the chair part is that it has a back making it comfortable enough that I can sit on stand for deer all day long. The chair-pak is a great choice for daypacking and is constructed of really sturdy, light weight steel and a heavy weight cloth seat and backsupport. The pack itself is made of the same stuff that the seat and back are made of and has enough room to hold all your hunting stuff. It is a peice gear that you will loveonce you try it.
        Never heard of the chair-pak, but just looked it up on line. Pretty cool ~ I like it!! I can see many ways that this one would come in handy. Thanks for introducing me to it

Comment

I have several different brands of folding chairs, they are all "ok. ' I'm wondering if anyone has, or knows of a certain chair that is really comfortable. We have some of the zero gravity chairs, but I'm looking for something more! Just wondering if someone has that "ahhhh" chair? best portable chairs
          https://www.myhobbycave.com/best-office-chair-under-300/
          Last edited by roomdistrict; 12-29-2021, 09:20 PM. Reason: spell missing

Comment

While i mostly use the standard folding wallymart camping chair for 300 pound people (I'm not there.. yet), my most comfortable chair is one of several folding moon style chairs that I picked up years ago;

Click image for larger version  Name:	chair and lightDSCF0175.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	81685

...Not even sure, anymore, where I got them
            About their only down sides are they have no cup holder and some people have problems figuring out how to open and close them.
            They are comfortable enough that my cat used one as his favorite location to practice catnapery.

I have been considering folding recliners for next year's camping; but, in the vehicle, transport space is getting tight.

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

We've had very good service from Colemans---I bought a pair over 20 years ago from Wallymart and we used them hard---not only camping but also with Scouts plus countless youth soccer and swim meets.
              One is still usable and the carrying case for the other has been repurposed to carry other camp gear.
              I think they were a solid investment

Comment

My go to chair is the Coleman. It's big and holds a lot of weight - 325lbs - so you can push up against the arms to stand. I use the cooler in the one arm to hold my glasses, phone, kindle, etc. The back is high enough that it will support my head. And it folds up to a size easily tossed in my rv storage compartment or car.

When I recline, I prefer to be on my side, so the recliner styles just aren't that comfortable. And the locking mechanisms on the zero gravity chairs drive me nuts - as a left handed person, they are difficult to operate. And having arthritis in my fingers makes the trigger style lock a major issue. They also tend to have bars that bother my knees and/or back.

The director style chairs are too rigid and hurt my back. And they don't give any support to my head. And they often have bars that bother my back and/or knees.

I do have a couple butterfly chairs. The first one I bought (from Kohls) is really comfortable. The second one (Mainstay brand) is not as comfortable. They are both padded plush cushions and are nice and cosy for winter and cool nights. But they hold in moisture from fog, dew, etc, and don't dry out quickly like the Coleman do. The frames fold down nicely, but the cushions are rather bulky.
                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
                X