Camping with a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping with a gun

I'm uhm happy that so many of you love yer guns and keep them close and all.....
    Note to self: Keep camping in the NE since yer mouth hasn't the same firepower...
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

That is a very common fallacy among those with no knowledge of guns. We who carry have undergone training - not only in HOW to shoot, but on when NOT to shoot. No gun owner wants to lose his or her right to possess firearms. The few idiots you may see are very much the minority - most gun owners are the safest folks to have around.
      Take a course, to familiarise yourself with the gun and the people who use them -it WILL open your eyes. If you still have no use for one, fine - just don't make assumptions with NO backing. Our brain is still our best weapon! :cool:
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Unless otherwise prohibited, I almost always bring a firearm - either a shotgun or a 9mm pistol.

A couple of times a year I will take my son and some friends camping on a local river. This is primitive camping, there are no roads, the only access is by boat. I am responsible for the safety and well being of those who are with me. Just-in-case something enters our camp site, I want to have a way to defend myself. I figure its going to be a bear, or some kind rabid animal then anything else. Then there are the gators. Even though gators are protected in Texas, the law allows for self-defense measures to be used.

Also, the places that we go camping on the river are public hunting lands. There is an open season all year long on hogs in Texas. If by some chance a game warden shows up and ask about the firearms, "I'am out here hog hunting officer, and here is my public hunting lands permit."

Comment

Originally posted by Texas camper View Post
          Unless otherwise prohibited, I almost always bring a firearm - either a shotgun or a 9mm pistol.

A couple of times a year I will take my son and some friends camping on a local river. This is primitive camping, there are no roads, the only access is by boat. I am responsible for the safety and well being of those who are with me. Just-in-case something enters our camp site, I want to have a way to defend myself. I figure its going to be a bear, or some kind rabid animal then anything else. Then there are the gators. Even though gators are protected in Texas, the law allows for self-defense measures to be used.

Also, the places that we go camping on the river are public hunting lands. There is an open season all year long on hogs in Texas. If by some chance a game warden shows up and ask about the firearms, "I'am out here hog hunting officer, and here is my public hunting lands permit."
          Unless otherwise prohibited? You mean in Canada or Mexico? I think the game warden is more interested in your harvest, most have read the US Bill of Rights by this point during their training so there's no reason to ask about your arms unless there's probable cause (fit description of poachers in area, or arms smugglers, etc.) or open carry is prohibited in Texas (it's not in California).
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
            Unless otherwise prohibited? You mean in Canada or Mexico? I think the game warden is more interested in your harvest, most have read the US Bill of Rights by this point during their training so there's no reason to ask about your arms unless there's probable cause (fit description of poachers in area, or arms smugglers, etc.) or open carry is prohibited in Texas (it's not in California).
            I wouldn't try OC or otherwise in most of the NE. Unless it's hunting season and then you have to follow specific local protocol.
            I suspect you'd have to leave parts o your interpretation of the Bill of Rights to the side....:cool:
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hmmm..... any further discussion of this thread threatens to get political quickly. Best leave it - we can agree to disagree - too many disparate philosophies here.
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Well put Big Dog!
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                X