Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cooking Tip: Eggs

Originally posted by Brew View Post
    I like noodles mixed with eggs, some bacon and cheese (if you want). Just let the water boil, drop your noodles in it and let them cook for about 6-8 min. (depends on which kind of noodles). Then remove the water and add 2 or 3 unboiled eggs. Mix it, add some bacon and cheese and mix it again. Then: you're fine!
    Always my favorite.
    I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

We like to hard boil eggs and eat them on hikes as they can be easily packed and carried.

At camp, we use an old fashioned Lodge caste iron griddle and make the most incredible 2 egg omelets. It literally takes less than 5 minutes per omelet. The key is to cook at a low setting on your stove and cover the omelet as it cooks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7186007990_9ee60d55b2_q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	69522
      Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by txcamper View Post
        I used to make fun of my dad for introducing this method to me but the best method for making eggs with minimal equipment is what I like to call the egg log. Y eggs are about 3/4 the way done, take them out of the water and mush them again, leave them in the water until they are completely solid and voila!

It works best if you add in onion/peppers and then put the log in a tortilla with cheese on top to make a breakfast taco.
        I am going to give this one a try! It's a great way to start the day without much mess.
        Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X