Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello. Checking in from West Virginia. What brought me here was that I have been searching DIY projects to "Glam" up my camp. Three years ago we started camping for a week at a time each summer and have enjoyed it. We use a box trailer to transport two families worth of camp equipment and then turn it into our sleeping area when the rest of camp is set up. I look forward to digging around in these forums to see what kind of projects have been posted.

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi everyone, I'm Robert. I've joint this community and it seem like quit a lot of fun reading all your stories about your camping trips. Hope to get to know better with each and everyone of you

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum a couple of days ago....what a great forum! We are going on our first camping trip in a few weeks and hoping I can contribute to some of the posts in the future...and ask a few questions along the way.

SW
        "Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

http://www.stillnesswilderness.com

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Windy Zhang,A new camper,hope you have a nice camping day!

Comment

Hello and welcome to all of you. Can't wait to hear about your camping adventures.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Howdy JohnJohn
              Why i can't say hello at this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Laliy55 View Post
                Howdy JohnJohn
                Why i can't say hello at this forum?
                you just did
                JohnJohn
                ---------
                Forum Admin

Comment

Hello, new here! My name is Brian and I am glad I found the Camping Forum. I am a 60 years old white male, happily married and one child attending the University of California. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and am a Computer Analyst but soon will be retiring. As a child, my Dad brought the entire family on various camping trips including Yosemite and Yellow Stone. The great times camping lived on as a way to get away and relax in later years. But in the last couple of years due to my profession, I have camped only twice but now that I will soon be retiring I want to again enjoy camping and in fact will be camping at Mount Diablo (CA) in September (alone) for 2 days to get back into the mood and to practice up before spending time camping while retired.

My hobbies include investing (stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, commodities, gold), gold prospecting, electronic gadgets, radios, binoculars and telescopes, wildlife, birds, outdoor cooking, travel, collecting, fruit trees, oil painting, computer programming, digital graphics, watches, and of course camping.

I read magazines such as subject matter of investing and finance, outdoor adventures and wildlife, travel, history magazines and "old west" themes, Dell Horoscope, books include mostly non-fiction but when fiction I enjoy westerns and science fiction fantasy.

My "expertise" includes India, birds, old dutch masters and art work, computer science and programming, history of the middle ages, epidemiology and pandemics-disease, politics, market investing and commodities, hard stone fruit trees, gold, crude oil.

I have travelled extensively, including Canada, the Caribbean, United Kingdom, Italy, Greece, India, Nepal, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, most of the States and Hawaii but not yet Alaska, othed places.

My typical camping style is small to medium size easy to assemble tent, lantern, wood fire, folding chair, pocket knife, jeans, hand radio, smart phone with camera, pepper spray, bug spray, canned beans such as chili beans and crackers and coffee and cheese, small binoculars, one of those pressurized sirens in a can in case the mountain lion comes and I want to get others attention and yes we do have them, an empty plastic bottle to piss in in case I have to go in the middle of the night and don't want to leave the tent at 2am to hang with my racoon friends who want my crackers, you get the idea. And a good western. Preferably with gun slingers in it.

Glad I found this forum and will be looking for advice.

Comment

Welcome Brian;
                    sounds like you will fit right in...

I expect the mountain lion will give you a dirty look and leave for more peaceful surroundings...

Enjoy!
                    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Hello, fellow camping enthusiasts!

I'm not new to camping, but have recently added a Kodiak Canvas cabin tent to my gear lineup. I have 5 different tents and a small 17' RV trailer. For some reason, I am more excited than I thought to return to tent camping with my new Kodiak 6133. I look forward to sharing ideas and getting to know those of you in this community.

I am fortunate to be able to camp many times per year as I work shifts that are 48-hours on-duty and then 96-hours off, with vacations on top of that. My associated interests while camping are light hiking, fishing, exploring new areas, ATV exploring, kayaking, camp cooking and generally loafing around.

Hope to see some of you at a campground one day.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by BrianBaldwin View Post
                        Glad I found this forum and will be looking for advice.
                        Always look both ways before crossing the street. :mdr:
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Hello everyone new here and love camping I mostly go rough camping on state land and just recently bought a couple pieces of land that allows us to just pack up and go camping any time we want.

Comment

Hello everyone. New to the forum, but not new to camping. During the school year, we typcially camp at least one weekend a month. When summer rolls around we usually spend about two weeks traveling and camping. Most of our camping takes place at state or national parks, and depending on the weather we may tent or use our pop up camper.

The last couple of years we have gone to Yellow Stone, Badlands, Grand Teton, Great Smokey Mountains, and will probably head out to Big Bend this year.

Comment

Hi Everyone! My name is Ken, I'm 36 years old with a Wife, 2 boys and a girl with another girl due in April. I've been tent/camper camping for the past 30 some years. My boys are 6 and 7 and I've decided to start bringing them "Wild" camping using hammocks. I joined this forum because I'm really looking to learn from all you more seasoned campers and eventually be able to pass the info along to others. Thank you all for having me! By the way, if anyone knows of any woods I could go camping in the Delaware area please PM me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KenP1980M View Post
                                Hi Everyone! My name is Ken, I'm 36 years old with a Wife, 2 boys and a girl with another girl due in April. I've been tent/camper camping for the past 30 some years. My boys are 6 and 7 and I've decided to start bringing them "Wild" camping using hammocks. I joined this forum because I'm really looking to learn from all you more seasoned campers and eventually be able to pass the info along to others. Thank you all for having me! By the way, if anyone knows of any woods I could go camping in the Delaware area please PM me. Thanks!
                                Welcome to the forum. I believe there are a few people that live up in the northeast that might be able to help you with some spots.
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X