Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello, Fred here. Been camping for a few years on motorcycle road trips with the G/F and all the gear on the bike. After trying a variety of unsafe ways to carry everything, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a cargo trailer (haven't got it yet) and upgrade to a more car-camping-like than backpack-camping-like approach. I'm also looking at camping as an end in itself, and not just a cheap alternative to a cheap motel. Hoping in the spring to get out camping a lot more on short trips with the car as well as the bike, as well as major a road trip. This group seems like a great source of wisdom on the infinite varieties of gear, what works, what doesn't and so forth for comfort camping.

Comment

Hello.
      Im tickled to have found this site. Im heading out tenting Fulltime thus coming April. Am traveling w my GoldWing & a lil Tagalong trailer from Harbor Freight. Bought the trailer kit in July. Finished doing mods/upgrades to trailer. Cooler rack, wood box frame inside w rubber rope tie downs, new bearings & bearing buddies, wired a Power Converter off the running lights, installed padlocks, a drop down tongue stand, carpeted inside, put lights on interior of trailer. Bike was just gone thru. Been riding since age 4, have over 100K on current bike-(luv my bike). Have been stocking camping gear all Fall-almost done. Got an outrageous deal on a Coleman WeatherMaster 6-(am saving up for a Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8).
      Been divorced over 5 years. Have 3 adult daughters all married & in dif States, 2 grandsons. Remain close to my girls, will likely winter with youngest up in Alaska. I do visit em regularly on my bike. Am not sure where Home is for me anymore. Born & raised in Wisc., currently in Texas till April. Will be using dispersed sites primarily w intermittent stays at wired sites at established CGs. Am retired w small pension that suffices. In 2017 my Soc Security kicks in....I figure this is prime time for me to be a Nomad for a few years. I have always wanted to do this. I am a Veteran & I do have a Concealed Carry license. I plan on staying in new States every month-(only States where Reciprocity for my CCL exists), I have no agenda or schedule EXCEPT I promised my Father that I would see him in May! After that, I dunno yet.
      I look forward to reading more about others adventures and of picking up information that will enhance my travels.
      I hope to meet some of you out there soon.

Regards

Comment

Hello,
        My name is Alex and I've loved the outdoors since I got lost in the mountains of Mexico at the age of 8 for two days. I had so much fun. I use to camp with the kids but stopped about 8 yrs ago. I did it just to be at a lake and feel free near the woods. I never thought of it as a survivalist hobby. Reality sunk in about to yrs ago. I use to camp at sites with water and electrical hookups. I have so much knowledge in my head and it ready to be put to use. Wish there was a place near me where I can go ever day for a few hrs. Just to put my skills to work. Hope I can help any one with the little I know. And get input from some of you. Thanks for having me and happy camping.

Comment

Well, I am getting back into tent camping. Been out of it quite a few years, been selling RV's so I got away from tents. Now I'm coming back to it.

Comment

...Welcome!
            I'm mostly a vehicle + ground tent person myself...
            Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Hello All,I am located in Webster NY, just outside of Rochester. I currently do not camp anymore. I used to pop up camp years and years ago.

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello! My name is Jenn and I love camping! I grew up in a family that camped out every single weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We mostly visited campgrounds, but would visit people at their cabins/camps as well. I was lucky enough to marry a man that enjoys camping probably more than me. We visit relatives and friends at their camps for a weekend a few times each year. We also own a cabin near Parker, PA. The cabin is in the middle of the woods. No electricity, no water. Just a cabin and a composting toilet. It sits on 12 1/2 acres surrounded by a pasture and woods. There is a creek that flows right by the camp that the kids love to play in. If we dam it up, we can even float around in our kayaks. We are close enough to the Clarion and Allegheny rivers to take a day (or overnight) kayak or canoe trip. Camping is my favorite vacation. Anytime we are in a sporting goods store, you will find me in the camping section.

Comment

Hello, I'm Hank. I grew up camping, i'm now in my mid 20's and still love it. I often go hiking and trail biking. I live near the Adirondacks so that is my go to park. This site seems to have an enormous amount of information, i'm very excited to explore it.

Comment

Hello, I'm Joe. I love the outdoors and camping but only get to go once or twice a year. Though I live in East Texas, I love to camp in the early spring in Southeastern Oklahoma. I like to camp Monday through Friday while the kids are still in school so there is not a lot of activity at the campground. Also I like cooler weather because the snakes and bugs are not as active. I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's adventures and methods. I know I will learn a lot and maybe I can share something I have learned that might be beneficial to someone else.

Comment

Hi,
                      My name is Brenda and I just finished registering. I live near Raleigh N.C. and plan to spend the summer camping. Just me, myself and maybe a dog. Trying to figure out how to stay cool with a portable a/c unit and wondering what to place over the mesh in the top of the tent.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingirl View Post
                        Hi,
                        My name is Brenda and I just finished registering. I live near Raleigh N.C. and plan to spend the summer camping. Just me, myself and maybe a dog. Trying to figure out how to stay cool with a portable a/c unit and wondering what to place over the mesh in the top of the tent.
                        Hi Brenda,
                        What kind of tent do you have? I'm guessing a 3 season based on the mesh top. Does it have a full cover rain fly?
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Jen from Pennsylvania and I discovered tent camping and a love of the outdoors about 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to chatting with and learning from you

Comment

Originally posted by amateurcamperJen View Post
                            Hello everyone! I'm Jen from Pennsylvania and I discovered tent camping and a love of the outdoors about 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to chatting with and learning from you
                            Hi Jen!
                            Looking forward to your input and view.

Signed,

A down the road, down the way neighbor.
                            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                              A down the road, down the way neighbor.
                              You're an up the road neighbor! I'm the down the road neighbor! :he:

Welcome to the forum, Jen. What all camping have you done in PA? Years ago, I'd hit a few spots in and around the southern part of the commonwealth, mostly in York County.

Comment

Originally posted by amateurcamperJen View Post

:great::great::great:
                                Thrift store tent
                                Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Working...
                                X