our first camp was a sucess !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our first camp was a sucess !

thanks to vegasdesertfox, we opted for a quick trip to cottonwood cove this weekend .

our first camping trip ever !

i have to say it was much better campsite than i had hoped for, and we scored ourselves the best spot in the lower campground...right in the center at the top of the site....we had no one eitherside of us for 50 yds at least , fairly busy though thruout the rest of site...site was clean, host were helpful, toilets also hygenic.

cottonwood cove was great , couldnt have been happier, kids loved it, no fish !...

being as we were newbies, heres a little tip for other beginners -do not leave the radio on in the car, doors consantly got opened and closed, i.e lights on a lot..... as in the morning your battery will be dead !:eek:

luckily for us, we got rescued by some church going folk of different nationalities,...got us jump started after a lot of time , and than hands on the car siad a prayer for it ...how about that !..yes we got back home safe

now were confident we will be off to zion , soon as we can get away for a long weekend......heres a couple of pics ..cheers :D

Howdy f1nuts,
    Absolutely well done, mate! Buy yourself a lttle portable radio/cd player and use that when camping, most run on batteries for a short weekend get away! Thanks for the photos too! Thanks for sharing!

For any National Park or National Conservation Area like Red Rock Canyon, campgrounds near Las Vegas, are easier had if you can start mid-week. Weekends, they are like going to Disneyland!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

cheers mate !

Comment

Working...
      X