Zion!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zion!!!

My g/f says that this was the greatest outdoor experience of her life! It's called Canyoneering and you should def. check it out!!! Zion National Park!

Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Great pics, all I can say is wow!!!
    How deep are the canyons you drop into?
    Do you also do Caving ?
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Well as you can see in the background that's a 60 meter rope and there's only about 5 meters left on it. That's the last rap in that canyon and its a free rap just handing from the rope... I'd do caving but I don't know of any around here.
      Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
      USMC Retired
      Scout/Sniper

Comment

Zion National Park

Howdy Rich,
        You know, I'm really happy that you joined http://www.campingforums.com you have added a sense of excitement to the humdrum camping experience! Thirty-five years ago when I was in the ranger program, we did mountainerring skills at Ft. Greeley and Ft Wainwright, AK. I never followed up on it after I left the military with a honorable discharge but medically disabled. My back couldn't stand the pain. Now, it looks like I'm having back surgery this summer to try to finally fix what happenned a long time ago! Thanks for sharing!

Photographically, your photos are a little over-exposed because of the extreme of dark shadow and bright sunlight. The slot canyons of the narrows at Zion are a very hard subject to light properly, but it's the excitement of the descent; I'm glad you have a great adventure.

There are caves in the area surrounding Las Vegas. One is called "Devil's Throat." Google it and you'll see a new adventure!

If you ever come through Vegas again, shoot me a PM, I would certainly buy you a cup of Joe and show you some great climbing places, within site of the Strip!
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Well hello caves!!!!! haha! I'll def. look into that! Thanks!
          Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
          USMC Retired
          Scout/Sniper

Comment

There is an article on caves in the Deep South in the June issue of National Geographic. It brought to mind the pictures here at Zion!!
            2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
            2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
            I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I'm headed back this summer for a weekend trip on my way to colorado!
              Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Working...
              X