Kings Canyon National Park Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Canyon National Park Camping

I am leaving Thursday to Kings Canyon with group from our church. Anyone have some ideas and experiences with Kings Canyon? There are first come first serve group sites at Grant's & Cedar Grove's. Cedar Grove is more isolated while Grant's Grove is centrally located. I have never been to the park other than a quick drive through 20 years ago. I cannot remember anything about the park other than the exit sign.

I favor isolated places. However, some of the people are already getting fearful about the drive to the park. At least half of the people going on this trip are non-campers.

Mark
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Re: Kings Canyon National Park Camping

Beach At Hume LakeThe camping was outstanding. This is one park worth visiting if you like a Yosemite experience without all the crowds. I don't think any campground in entire park filled up. Traffic was not an issue. You can hot and cool weather on the same day depending on where you stay. You can go swimming in the ice cold King river or take a dip in warm Hume Lake.
    Last edited by markkee; 06-16-2013, 09:36 AM.
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Kings Canyon National Park Camping

Sequoia and KC are under-visited compared to other NPs. The main attractions are the trees.

Comment

Working...
      X