Sardine Lake Campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sardine Lake Campground

Sardine Lake Campground is located in the Tahoe National Forest; 5 miles northeast on SR 49, 1.3 miles northwest on the Gold Lake Hwy, then 0.3 mile on Sardine Lake Rd. Address: 15924 Hwy 49, Camptonville, CA 95922. The campground has 27 sites at 5800 feet elevation. Vaulted toilets, no showers. Normally opens 6/1 to 10/31; no reservations accepted with 14 night max stay. Plenty to do here: swimming, canoeing, bicycle trails, hiking trails, horseback riding, horseback trails, wildlife viewing.(US Forest Service). There are 24 sites for tents and 3 sites for RV & trailers to 24 feet. The trailer that was there when we were there was 35 feet and the RV was 45 feet long. Both of those (white) things stuck out in the driveway around the campground. There were 6 other tent campers beside us so I guess the rules are slack when the air is still chilly. We were the only canvas tent. Fee: $18 per night but with Disabled Vet Access Pass the fee was 50% less at $9 per night. Great trout fishing!

Beside the public restroom was a station for rinsing dishes which was nice, but we heat water to wash so we really didnot use it. It was a very nice quiet campground and within walking distance of the three lakes nearby. Thanks for lookin!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Hey RDF! Thanks for this write-up! I have the opportunity of taking Mrs. Fable out first week of August. I wanted to take her to Wild Plum CG, but the best sites have been reserved! what do you think our chances are of nabbing one of the tent sites at Sardine Lake if we show up mid-morning on a Sunday? We want to stay for three days.

By the way, I have not forgotten that I owe this forum a trip report from my last trip to Fiddle Creek and Wild Plum!

All the best and much thanks!

fable

Comment

Sardine Lake Campground

Here's another view of our campsite at Sardine Lake Campground in the Sierra Nevada Mountains this year. Thanks for looking! Yep, it's an HDR and there is more here: http://rdfphotography.com

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X