Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mt Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway National Park or Lake Powhatan Rec Area Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway National Park or Lake Powhatan Rec Area Cam

We will be leaving for our annual fall camping trip in a couple of weeks and we can’t decide on which campground would like to stay in near Asheville, North Carolina. We are leaning towards Mount Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Does anyone have a recommendation on which campground we should visit?

We don’t have a lot planned. We just want some downtime and to visit the Biltmore one day. Maybe do some light hiking.

Re: Mt Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway National Park or Lake Powhatan Rec Area

I can't help you Denni2. But I will wish you safe travels and fun adventure. Post up some pics and a rundown of what you did, camped, etc. That is a nice area. I've been thru but never camped. I'd like to hear of your experience for future.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Re: Mt Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway National Park or Lake Powhatan Rec Area

I know this is too late of a reply for Denni2, but we enjoy camping at Mt. Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Elevation is 5000', so enjoy camping there during July and August when it's hot and humid in the lower elevations. They also have hot showers!

We enjoy hiking to Skinny Dip Falls and Moore Cove Falls, not too far from Mount Pisgah. BRP is always a great place for a drive, too!

Comment

Thanks for the response, and it is not too late. Due to Florence making her appearance we never made it to Mt. Pisgah. Our daughter had just moved to Raleigh and we were hoping to get together.

We will get there someday.

Comment

Working...
        X