Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Clear Springs, MS Recreation Area Closed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Clear Springs, MS Recreation Area Closed??

Is the Clear Springs, Mississippi Recreation Area closed? I just looked at their website and there was a message saying that the recreation area is "closed until further notice due to plumbing issues". Anyone know if this is true? We are planning to tent camp there in a couple of days and really want access to the nice Bathrooms & Showers!

Re: Is Clear Springs, MS Recreation Area Closed??

Originally posted by toneyks View Post
    Is the Clear Springs, Mississippi Recreation Area closed? I just looked at their website and there was a message saying that the recreation area is "closed until further notice due to plumbing issues". Anyone know if this is true? We are planning to tent camp there in a couple of days and really want access to the nice Bathrooms & Showers!
    I'd take advantage of the relatively new phone plans and call them directly.
    Nothing like the horse's mouth.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Re: Is Clear Springs, MS Recreation Area Closed??

I can't tell, since the website is down for maintenance. But there is a free campground at Rocky Springs on the Natchez Trace, which is not too far away. The only site with hookups is the Host site, but there is rarely anybody there to host. Also, Grand Gulf military park (near Port Gibson) has camping. For tent camping I would just go ahead and use the Rocky Springs area. They have restrooms but no showers.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
      X