Any young adult camps in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any young adult camps in Florida?

I got a late start with camping, I only got to go twice before I turned 19, I'm turning 20 in a couple of weeks. I really miss going to camp and I'm very nostalgic about it, a lot of good memories... I miss it.

I'm looking for an organized adventure camp that a 20 year old can go to, anywhere in Florida (I live in Daytona Beach).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Any young adult camps in Florida?

In googling for 'youth' camps here in Florida, I see only those like the YMCA geared for kids up to 17, or 'troubled youths' like the Florida Sheriff's Boys Ranch. If you wanted to use the entire summer one year, you could see about becoming a camp counselor at the YMCA camps. We have a very nice one here in my area in Wakulla County, and there is one in Ocala (a lot closer to you). You'd get in some camping (though they generally use cabins) and help the kids.
    Otherwise, a small general family campground might be best, or 'dispersed camping' (or as I call it, 'Stealth camping') where you camp alone in the wilderness areas.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Re: Any young adult camps in Florida?

Thanks for the info. Yeah growing up my mom never sent me to camp.

I did some more googeling and I actually found this website http://www.grownupcamps.com/

and there are a lot in Florida I'll check them out. Adults have to have fun too right? lol.

Comment

Working...
      X