Need help planning a week in NC/VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help planning a week in NC/VA

I plan on driving from PA to NC and want to drive down the skyline dr/blue ridge pkwy. I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a place to tent camp overnight along the way. Also I plan on doing some birding, kayaking, and hiking when I arrive in NC. I will be there for a week and am trying to figure out where I should go to make the best of my week down there. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate any help I can get from locals or seasoned travelers of these areas. Thank you.

Re: Need help planning a week in NC/VA

When do you plan to go? If it's upcoming, you may need to take sequestration into account. Many news outlets report that state parks, including their campgrounds, could be hit hard with the budget cuts. Likely, you'll need to check in advance to see what's open and what the hours are.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Re: Need help planning a week in NC/VA

Hey, GH & HS, I realize that you aren't stepping on this person's question about where to camp but if cuts are made or not made this should be chatted about in the "Off Topic" Forum or in the General Chat Forum as it's own thread. Let's stick with trying to help OnePlus with his question. Sounds like a good start to a new thread. I would like to see HS fired up a bit! I would chime in too, I'm fed up to here with the way our government word's phrases too!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X