NC Mountains Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Mountains Camping

Hi, I am new here and have a few questions. I am looking for a recomendation on a campground in the mountains of NC. Has anyone been to Honey Bear Campground, Bear Den Campground, or Flintlock Campground ? if so what was your experiences, thoughts, pics, etc. on any of them ? Also, anyone know of any other forums to look at or any NC specific forums ? Thanks for your time and help.

Re: NC Mountains Camping

Hey Flagstaff206! I know you posted this in August and no one answered so I will reply. I have not camped in any of those campgrounds but did a drive through to check them out. Very nice but kind of expensive for my tastes. I camp mostly state parks. Go to http://www.ncparks.gov/ and their website comes up and has all the parks listed. I live in Apex,NC and camp a lot at Jordan Lake which is near by. Falls Of the Neuse is close to Durham Uwharrie National Forest is south of Asheboro and Morrow Mountain is across the river from Uhwarrie. It is the only cg with a swimming pool. There are some great state parks and private cg in North Carolina so have fun. Also you might want to purchase a 2013 edition of Trailer Life Campground Guide. It has every state,private national forest and military campground listed in the country. I hope you see this and it helps you out. Let me know if you have any more questions. I started with a pop up went to a travel trailer and now I am enjoying tent camping...YeeHaaaa!

Comment

If you have an iphone, the NC state parks has an app and its very helpful!!!!

Comment

Cool!! I don't have iPhone (I am low tech still using flip phone..lolol) but the wife does and I will have her check into it!!

Comment

Twin Rivers Campground, and River Camp Campground is in the NC mountains. Twin Rivers Campground will allow you to camp right on the River bank, AND allow you river access from your campsite. River Camp will NOT allow you to access the river from your campsite, but has 'put-ins' where you are 'allowed' to get in the river at. Twin Rivers showers\bathrooms leave much to be desired. I can't remember how the River Camp Campgrounds facilities are, but they might have changed over the years. We also like Steele Creek campground in Morganton. They have all access hookups at each campsite which is nice if you have a TT or 5th wheel with bathroom\sink\etc. abilities. We have a pop-up so those things don't mean much to us, LOL. HTH

Comment

Honey Bear Campground is very nice we have our camper there for the season. They have planned activities on the weekends,movie night and they recently put in a coffee shop. They have some theme weekends this year.We have been to alot of campgrounds and this one feels very homey.

Comment

Working...
            X