Louisiana camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana camping

I'm looking for a place to take my family on our first camping trip. We're located near Baton Rouge, LA and looking for a place that is fairly close to take a 1 night trip. I have 2 & 3 year old girls, so we want to see how they handle it before we drive too far away. Tickfaw State Park keeps coming up in my searches and that's less than an hour away, but I'm sure there are other places that don't pop up on google. What are some good tent camping sites near Baton Rouge?

Re: Louisiana camping

I'm sure you found your spot by now, but Bogue Chitto State Park near Franklinton is nice. We were there 2 weeks ago. There's a small splash park for the kids including 1 small water slide. Having a picnic near the river and swimming in the river is nice also. The park also allows a local company to rent kayaks and tubes for river use. Nice trails to explore along with hilly terrain.

We were at Tickfaw State Park this past weekend. The tent only area had no one in it, however there were a few tents in the improved campsites. There's really nothing "special" about the park however.

We live in Ponchatoula so both these parks are pretty close. I'm looking forward to visiting both again during the winter.

Comment

Indian Creek in Woodworth, LA

I've been there 3 times (2 of them within the last two weeks). I love that place, and love the primitive area.

Heres one from two weekends ago, and one from this past weekend with my new NEMO tent...
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! (just realized I haven't been here in a while and that post was from many months ago)

Comment

No worries! One never knows who this thread & posts might help! Welcome skysummit!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Tickfaw provides some nice camping!

Also up north, near Natchitoches, there is Kisatchie National Forest. Great place to camp on a weekend for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X