Florida Beach Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Beach Camping

Need Advice; Seeking gulf coast Florida campgrounds. Have an 18.5 ft. Roadtrek.
    Hopefully, Pan Hamdle area.
    Mississippi or Alabama would also be fine.
    Early 2012 trip planned.

Re: Florida Beach camping

There are a lot of campgrounds in Florida, especially near the beach. It might be hard to get reservations though, there are a lot of people that come down during the winter season and stay through to Easter. You can go to http://floridastateparks.org/thingst...=12#activity12
    for the state parks with full facility camping. You're looking for the northwest region. I went to Topsail Hill over the summer, it was very nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is full. We also are planning camping at Bahia Honda(down in the Keys though), but that's full until June, I was lucky to find a spot that had opened up for a quick getaway.

Comment

Re: Florida Beach Camping

Howdy angler57...I moved your thread to this section, "Where to Go - Southeast." It needs to be here not in "Off Topic." It has everything to do with camping in Florida.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but Horn Island off the Mississippi coast is some of the best beach camping you can do on the Gulf Coast. You do have to be completely self-sufficient though as it is not a campground. Just register with the park service and let the ranger at the station know you are there. It's perfect for those who love beach fishing.

Comment

I know it's a zombie thread but Ft Pickens has some amazing camping. It's about five minutes' walk to the gulf and the beaches are gorgeous and not crowded at all.
          Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
          Nights under the stars:
          2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
          2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

We know already b/c o dh's work we won't be able to camp more than just short weekend trips next summer. I'm already planning on Ft.Pickens next fall break. Our kids get a week off in Oct. I'm hoping it won't be as crowded like in the summer surge, but still warm enough to play in the water. I've heard nothing but great things about Ft. Pickens and hope it works out that we can finally go next year.

Comment

CampingMama, we went to Pickens during Father's Day week this year (mid/end June, Tuesday through Friday), and while it was probably more than half full, we never really ran into anyone. Beach was beautiful and secluded, there were about 2-3 other families wandering about the ruins with us, and no traffic on the road out. If you search my posts you'll find a list of the campsites that are good for tent camping (only a handful have shade, so please be awesome and save them for us if you're RVing it )
              Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
              Nights under the stars:
              2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
              2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

I absolutely love beach camping.

Nothing like sitting on the beach with a nice warm campfire

Comment

We have some small islands here in northwest Florida that don't really "belong" to anyone or any government agency. Built by the Corps of Engineers in the 1920s when they dredged the intracoastal waterway. Outstanding camping with fine white sand beaches. All free and no hassles unless people get too carried away and the marine patrol or coast guard will take over. Cannot drive to them though. We kayak out with all our gear and firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by Element 79 View Post
                    We have some small islands here in northwest Florida that don't really "belong" to anyone or any government agency. Built by the Corps of Engineers in the 1920s when they dredged the intracoastal waterway. Outstanding camping with fine white sand beaches. All free and no hassles unless people get too carried away and the marine patrol or coast guard will take over. Cannot drive to them though. We kayak out with all our gear and firewood.
                    That sounds great. There are some lakes here in Arizona that either have islands in them or have shores that are not accessible by car.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

St Andrews in Panama City is the best. The primitive camping area has electrical outlets .

Comment

Working...
                      X