I Need Some Tips For Camping Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Some Tips For Camping Florida

Any tips and advice would be appreciated for camping Florida. Things to make my life easier as well as safety precautions, and things to look out for.

Re: I Need Some Tips For Camping Florida

Bring a lot of insect repellant, water and sunscreen with you. Where in Florida are you planning to go camping?

Comment

1) Pack plenty of 'bug dope' and Sun Screen.

2) Remember, the Gators have Right of Way', always.

3) Keep your small dog on a LONG leash - gives you plenty of distance from the Python or Gator.....

4) See Number One......

I love Florida - been living here all my life!

What part of sunny Florida will you be visiting? We have many nice campgrounds and attractions. With the economy in a slump, we value the Tourist Dollars! :cool:
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Baha, so I just found this thread because I am new to FL (Miami) and wanting to do some camping, but, judging by these answers, perhaps I will just plan all of my camping excursions as out-of-state trips!
        ~Native Texan Camper, Currently in Miami~
        usbmemorydirect.com

Comment

Seriously the best camping season in Florida tends to be the fall through early spring, as summers are ferociously hot and muggy. If on a beach with a good breeze, not so bad. Also, now that the rains are finally coming, the skeeters and biting yellow flies are getting bad. We are still suffering from years of drought, so rivers and lakes are low. This encourges the wildlife to be on the move more.
          Having been a lifelong Floridian for 53 of my 55 years, I was born in Indiana of a Hoosier mother, so I tend to prefer cooler camping weather.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X