Lake Hartwell (SC/GA) Island Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Hartwell (SC/GA) Island Camping

I am interested in going island camping on Lake Hartwell and would like to take the wife, but trying to find bathroom/shower facilities nearby. Does anyone know of a place (day use area, state park, etc.) that would have showers available without having to pay for a camground site?

Re: Lake Hartwell (SC/GA) Island Camping

We camped there a LOOOONG time ago, but I don't think they had any facilities. We did bring out boat and then stayed with the IL's in their 5th wheel camper. It was nice to be able to just camp on the beach\lake though.

Did you ever find a place?

Comment

Hart State Park on the GA side has shower facilities. I bleieve there is a state park on the SC side as well.

Comment

This also been in my planning. Growing up in this area I boated on Lake Hartwell and Clark Hill Lake (to SC it known as Thrumand Lake now) And I fished Richard B Russell Lake. But I would need to purchase a boat or a Canoe to hit the islands.

Lake Hartwell has been down on water last few years, also Clark Hill Lake.

Richard B Russell Lake can be confusing when you look it up on line. There is another Lake named Lake Russell in North Georgia.

Comment

If Hartwell State park like Bobby Brown there will be nobody to stop you from using the Showers except other campers. Believe both are running on the honor system pay to camp. No Ranger on site.

Comment

Working...
          X