Lake Talquin State Forest outside tallahassee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Talquin State Forest outside tallahassee

Hey you guys, I love cheap camping so I am taking the family to Lake Talquin State Park, just north of Tallahassee for two nights @ $5 per night. Has anybody been there or have any opinions?

Cheers

Aaron

Been some time since I was there - we used to hold our family reunions there years back, but now do it in the sprawling metropolis of greater Sopchoppy. :D

I live just off Highway 20, west of Tally, very near lake Talquin. Good fishing there! They just recently paved the road going into the Park, but I don't know of any other improvements they may have made. The price is certainly right! :cool:
    As with any southern camping, bring your Skeeter Repellent!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thats 10 4 on the bug spray! I was hoping the skeeters would not be bad as the night time temps were down in the 50s. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yep, it's supposed to get cool tonight - that will keep the bugs at bay this weekend. Daytime will be in the 70's though, and the bugs may be out.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Ok, so I didnt really like Lake Talquin very much. We had a nice fire under the stars, cooked in the dutch oven and relaxed, but Ill go North to the mountains next time! The lake was not as pretty as I rememberd and the woods were kind of boring.

Comment

Working...
          X