Advice needed for North Carolina Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for North Carolina Camping

Hello everybody Any suggestions on where to go in NC? I would like something very laid back, in the wilderness, without all the family attractions, on water, where you can just plop your tent where you feel like it.

Re: Advice needed for North Carolina Camping

I am trying to find a place to go in NC as well, on the water, where we can just pop our tent up, primative camp. Did you find anywhere to do that?

Comment

I have a place JUST over the line, (VA) In the mnts near the BRP. "The" water on the property is small, but makes noise. Has several trickling rock dams, and VERY secluded. Fishing river near by (2 miles) Hiking trails ON the property, but not any power. FRESH water springs, lots of peace & quiet.

Comment

Steele Creek Campground is right on the creek, but its not 'primitive' friendly. Kings Mountain state park is nice, and it has a tent section away from the 'campers' that you can just pitch your tent at. Not sure of any other campgrounds on the water like this except for Twin Rivers Campground - they will allow you to pitch your tent right on the river bank AND access the river from your campsite. This is always a nice plus! They also have a river side primitive only camping spots further down river that is nice and isolated. HTH

Comment

Not alot of primative campers,,,,,, are there ?

Comment

Give Stone Mountain State Park a try. There are a few electric sites on a stream. The tent section is on the side of a hill. But the park offers a lot. There are a lot of trout streams, hiking, climbing, waterfalls and some historic sites there. It's a great place and one of our favorite places to go.

Comment

We enjoyed Mile High Campground close to Cherokee, NC. The campground is up on a ridge with nice views from campsites. Somewhat primitive but they do have hot showers and bathroom facilities, nothing fancy. Camped there in July and had 70's in the day and 50's at night, a real treat from Mississippi humid heat in mid summer.
              Go Camping! it's one of the best ways to experience God's Glory!

Comment

HumidMS is this cg private and where exactly is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Dog View Post
                  HumidMS is this cg private and where exactly is it?
                  Yes it's private and you can find directions at campmilehigh.com or find them on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks HumidMs..I will check it out. It is about a 51/2 hr. drive for me. Where abouts in Mississippi are you from. I grew up in Raymond just outside of Jackson. Still have a few kin left in the Senatobia,Hattiesburg,Duck Hill and Jackson areas.

Comment

Jackson metro area

Comment

Working...
                      X