Montana praries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana praries

Does anyone do much camping on the Montana prarie areas?There's not alot of bear problems there but wondering if anyone has had any run ins with the rattler population?

Re: Montana praries

I was born and raised in Eastern Montana, and I don't think I have ever encountered a rattler in the wild. They are there, but I think as long as you pay attention to your surroundings it won't be an issue.

The last time I had issues with snakes was at a campground at Fort Peck. There were some bulls snakes that I stepped on while just wearing sandals. gave me the creaps. That was 6 years ago. Growing up I played on several rural family ranches a good 40 miles from civilization and camped regularly throughout the Yellowstone river valley.

Comment

Re: Montana praries

Thanks huricanelane.I'm not actually worried about finding them,I actually am looking for dens in the lewistown area.I have a few good leeds but have'nt been there at the right time of year yet.Hopefully this spring.I'm looking to get some for eating,I hear they're pretty good.I did a search on youtube for montana rattler dens and have seen some mighty creey vids.

Comment

Working...
      X