Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road tripping through UT and CO

hey everyone.

myself and a few friends are roadtripping from LA to the east coast in august and we're looking to do some really scenic camping. to be really specific, we are both looking for spots we can camped that are somewhat enveloped in natural features. the primary purpose of the trip is photography. and documenting our country.

ive seen tons of pictures, sort of like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	arches-camping_2030_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	72621

where its possible to camp in the face of somthing, or in a cave, ect.
    in Colorado we would like to find a green equivalent. maybe a secluded campsite enveloped in really lush trees.

were all just really looking to experience tucked away nature. we will have a car but dont mind hiking away from it. any suggestions would be awesome. thanks.

Re: road tripping through UT and CO

as i said before, we are ok with hiking to set up camp.

we're going to be in an AWD VW Golf. it'll handle dirt roads and decent terrain fine. we arent looking to go off roading in the car. just looking for some location suggestions.

Comment

Re: rpping through UT and COoad tri

Thanks for the response. As it stands now we are going to arrive in Zion and camp somewhere in the park. Ideally the narrows but the permit situation seems hard. From there we will drive over to the Moab Area and set up camp again the next night. Do you think this is too much ground to cover in 2 days?

I'm open to any good backpacking and tent camping in south western Utah for a night, then south eastern Utah for a night. Secluded is ideal. I'm willing to compromise with minimal crowds if the scenery and the camping at night is very quiet and peaceful.

Comment

Re: road tripping through UT and CO

to the OP ... great pic!!

Comment

Working...
        X