Colorado Hiking Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Hiking Questions

I have been looking for some trails in Colorado and I think I found one that I would like. I am hoping someone can answer my questions for this trail. First, it is going up to Willow Lakes in Eagles Nest Wilderness. I can not find where a hiking or camping permit would be required on this trail. Can someone confirm that I would not have to get a permit?

Also, has anyone been on this trail? I am sure I don't have it exactly correct in Basecamp as where I am showing it to start is at Pebble Creek. Shows to be 8.9 miles one way. If anyone knows of this trail, have any tips like sites to look for or best times to go? I read that the lakes are still frozen up through late April so I'm thinking late August maybe September.

WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Re: Colorado Hiking Questions

I will look into it. And try to post an link to the info. A good start would be a phone call to the logical ranger district.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I would look hered for information
      http://www.wilderness.net/NWPS/wildV...anagement#regs
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I found that site last night through coloradowilderness.com. Looks like there are two wilderness areas that require a free permit and they are self served at the trailhead. Don't remember if this trail was listed as one of them but will keep digging. These sites have tons of info. Still have some time to plan for this trip but want to stay on top of it.
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Working...
        X