This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campateer surfing

This thread is designed to allow Campateers who are traveling to a campsite/destination to Campateer Surf at, or on, a fellow Campateer's property, streetside curb, driveway, yard, or room(s). Campateers willing to allow another campateer to stay with them should only list what they can offer in general terms. Fellow Campateers interested in staying at another Campateer's residence should communicate with one another by private messaging(PM) and NOT list your address within this thread. :cool:

After a person(s) stay at a host's residence or property, please return to the host's section and give a little blurb about your stay, good or bad, so anyone in the future will get a feel for the host. Thanks!

For example:
    Renodesertfox: We live in North Ogden, Utah. We am only about seven miles East of I-15 and am easy to find. I have a street-side curb about 100' long that an RV may use or TT. We also have a small backyard that would accommodate a small tent. Also 2 guest rooms and 2 private baths. If you are passing through on your way north to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone or Glacier National Parks. Or heading south towards Zion or The Grand Canyon you are more than welcomed to stay with us(CAMPATEER SURF) for FREE, for a period not exceeding two(2) days. Please PM me if you are interested to see if we can accommodate.
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-12-2012, 03:08 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Campateer surfing

RENODESERTFOX - Ogden, Utah, (THUMBS UP recommendation)

Once by myself and once with Susan, I surfed Renodesertfox's couch when he and his wife lived in Nevada. For me/us, we travel/live out of a utility van and what I needed was a curb side street to park and sleep for the night. I was also offered the back yard grass to put up a tent, if I chose. Brent couldn't have been more accommodating and welcoming to us, and both he and his wife made us feel like family. Brent told me I can also say that he let me use his computer to contact friends as to where I was (I'm notorious for planning on traveling north, and winding up southeast, or going to the mountains, and winding up watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean). The coolest part was I didn't want Squeaky, our lab/pit mix, to interfere with our host's life. But, Brent kind of took over making sure The Squeaker had water, snacks, and a warm foot to rest her chin on while we chatted. If you are going to be in the area, I recommend you drop Reno a line asking to surf his place. He and I have become really good personal friends, and he knows he is welcome to surf where I live, or even drop by my campfire.........

Comment

Working...
    X