remote camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote camping

I'm looking for a place that i can do some very remote camping for an extended period of time. does anyone have any suggestions. I'm really into minimilist survial type expierience and am looking for new locations that are very distant from people towns or roads. if any one can help me i'd appreciate it. my email is ericraybon@yahoo.com thanks guys.

Re: remote camping

Welcome to the forum. There are hundreds of places to go to get away from it all and most of these places are in the western United States & Canada. It kind of depends upon where you would like to visit, how long your extended stay might be and what you would like to do. Most national Parks have extensive remote trails that could be hiked and camped upon as does Canada. Please try to be more specific as to where you might like to go. Alaska is another great state with almost limitless possibilities for camping. Please remember that an answer from one who might not take another seriously doesn't mean that everyone else is like that in this forum or in this world. Back in ancient history, I was a US Army ranger-paratrooper/photographer that always got attached to the straight-leg outfits like the 4/9th Inf. Allow me to help you through your desire to go on an extended camp but first narrowing down a state that you would like to visit! Name a state and I'll research where you can go! Also please keep a civil tongue, there are plenty of single women & single moms that use this site and I require more polite speech, save the cursing for the battlefield! That's where it belongs!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

In Canada , waterton is is the most wonderful place for remote camping.Most national Parks have extensive remote trails that could be hiked and camped.

http://www.waterton.ca/Hiking.cfm

Comment

On the other extreme from Canada is Big Bend in Texas. Is extremely remote, but there is a price for it. There is not hardly any reliable water source out there so you have to carry all you would need. It is very rugged country, but extremely beautiful. Can get out in some of the back country and see for 30 miles in all directions and not see another soul.

WT
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Working...
        X