Yellowstone NP, Memorial Day week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowstone NP, Memorial Day week

I plan to camp in Yellowstone Nation Park for 4 days starting on memorial Day night. It will be my first 4 night camping trip. Has anyone been there this time of year? How busy was it?

I've already done quite a bit of planning, I will be reserving 2 nights @ Bridge Bay campground, and then not sure where after that. Most of the campgrounds won't be open yet.

My biggest concern besides campsite reservations is the temp. I have a 3 season tent and bought a coleman sport style heater off of clearance just to be on the safe side.

I plan to do a lot of hiking and photography, probably spending 2 days in the canyon area, then 1 each in old faithful/madison area and Mammoth falls. I'll be coming in through the East entrance and probably exiting through the North.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Yellowstone NP, Memorial Day week

Sounds like it'll be fun! We have camped in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons 30 times in the last 50 years, two of our favorite national parks to visit! It'll be chilly there in early June and if the weather predictions say snow there still could be plenty. It has been a very wet winter in the west. Mammoth cg might still be closed and so too Pebble Creek! Those are two of our favorite cgs. Tower Falls, Slough Creek and Lewis Lake are also great. We've never have had problem finding a site in the early spring of very late of autumn that has always been the best times that we like to camp. We rarely camp during the summer months cuz that's when everyone else is out there! Sounds like you've done your homework so take plenty of photos and come back here and share them with us! Will love to hear all about your trip in word and deed!

With a tent heater just be sure to have plenty of ventilation in the tent! Stay dry and have fun!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-17-2011, 08:43 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: Yellowstone NP, Memorial Day week

@huricanelane

We're going to Yellowstone National Park as well and will be tent camping as well. We will be there from June 4th - June 10th. We're looking forward to it. Instead of moving camp sites, we'll drive around the park if we need too to be able to see everything we want too.

We are going to be camping at the Canyon campgrounds. It seems to suit us the most and it's right at the beginning of the camping season. We have done some homework on the temperature and it's going to be around 50 degrees during the day and 30 at night. We are planning on doing plenty of hiking and photo taking as well. I'm a huge photo bug, so I can relate to the photo taking part pretty well.

I hope you enjoy your trip, I'm sure we will.

Comment

Working...
      X