Made my Summer reservations tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my Summer reservations tonight

With campsites filling up quickly these days, Jan is the ideal time to start thinking about making those summer reservations. I'm not sure where you live but Colorado sites fill up fast.

Good Luck! :D
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

What kind of camping do you prefer to do out there? Are there fees or a need for reservations when planning a backpack or a backcountry camping trip in the wilderness areas of Colorado or Wyoming?

I've been backpacking in the Big Horns outside of Buffalo, WY when I was a teen at summer camp. I'd like to go back, I'm just wondering if I'll need to make reservations before...

I know here in Minnesota, the state parks have just exploded. They've become very popular and I find myself having to make reservations months in advance. Spur of the moment camping trips have become a thing of the past for me.

Thanks!
    MN Camper

Comment

These days our camping is pulling the pop up into the paved slot and hooking the power. Two kids, two dogs...everything should be easier this way RIGHT?

The nice thing about most of the Colorado State Parks is that there are all kinds of camping in most every park. Everything from 40 ft slots for large RVs along with 1-5 mile hike in spots.

A daily fee is paid on any camping in the parks. Most of the smaller parks are on the honor system. Anything with RV slots requires check in and usually a reservation.
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
      X