Camping supplies, Southern Oregon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping supplies, Southern Oregon?

Planning a trip from San Fran to Seattle. Since I live on the East Coast I was considering buying supplies once I got out there; preferably in Oregon for tax reasons.

The only thing google tells me is REI in Portland, which doesn't really help. Anyone have any advice?

Re: Camping supplies, Southern Oregon?

My brother lives in the Rogue Valley. Whenever I get the chance I go to Blackbird's outside Medford. They know what they are talking about and have decent prices. I just bought a new fishing rod, but it is a great place for camping equip and trad outdoor clothing. There is also Cascade Outfitters and a bunch of small shops. Bi-Mart works for standard stuff like coolers and propane and has low prices.

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks much.

Comment

The only thing I can tell you is that you are spot - on for checking in advance of going. Southern Oregon can be remote with lots of villages and no towns. Being from the midwest, I was surprised.

All gasoline stations are all full-serve ( a real pain-in-the-asss waiting for service) and they close early. I drove over 300 miles from Portland south in the evening and did not find a single gasoline station that was open.

SO, my advice is to make sure you know where you want to shop in Oregon before you go and make sure they have what you need. If you start in Portland, you won't have any problem buying what you need, but if you start south and head north, you might find shopping challenging with limited choices.

Comment

go to maps on google and zoom on oregon they type in walmart in the search box and hit ok and you will see every walmart in south oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X