Extreme Camping Douglas County, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Camping Douglas County, OR

It was October of 2007 and a co-worker asked me if my family and I would like to join his family for an elk hunt since they were a couple of guns short of their normal party. I'll never turn down a chance to get out on the woods regardless of the weather!

I'm not 100% sure of the NF (National Forest) road we took to get here but I think it was 3703/Hemlock Butte Rd. I went ahead of the wife and kids as the kids had school and I traveled in a few miles in the snow until I saw the sign they had set up for me. I got there and pitched my little tent and got my heater ready!

It snowed that night, about 7 inches worth and that meant we had to drive to the main road to pick up the Mrs and the kids. The scenery was nothing short of spectacular!

While I never got a shot off at an elk, I did see plenty of tracks along with some bear and cougar tracks.

The road in/out. This, by the way, is why we now both own/drive 4WD vehicles!

The snowfall night one.

If you look carefully, just past the lean-to where we set up the cook station, you'll see my little tent. For the record, it was far too cold for the kids so they slept in one of the trailers with the heat going.

This what was right behind our tent.
    Last edited by Mr Mac; 08-06-2012, 11:51 AM.

Re: Extreme Camping Douglas County, OR

While I was out hunting, my lovely wife took these shots.

Sunrise

Comment

Working...
    X