Pac NW is dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac NW is dead!

Well I am new here and just kinda lurking around. I live up in WA near seattle, and I am dieing to go camping this spring/summer.

Re: Pac NW is dead!

There's a chance that we might be moving there this summer. If we do, you'll have to let me know where there are some good spots to go camping.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

You got it. Beautiful area, I put some pics up in the photo thread if you wana get a sneak peak

Comment

I'm from the Wenatchee area in Washington. I go camping all over the place anywhere from potlatch, to ocean shores.

Comment

Originally posted by nearlywild View Post
          There's a chance that we might be moving there this summer. If we do, you'll have to let me know where there are some good spots to go camping.
          OMG - There are beautiful places in Wash and Oregon. I am not going to be around this summer, but, after Christmas, if you get down into central and southern Oregon, get in touch with me. I'd love to show you some beautiful areas.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebait Ranch View Post
            OMG - There are beautiful places in Wash and Oregon. I am not going to be around this summer, but, after Christmas, if you get down into central and southern Oregon, get in touch with me. I'd love to show you some beautiful areas.
            We won't know until he gets his orders but it is definitely one of the places he is likely to go.
            May you always have love to share,
            Health to spare
            And friends that care.

Comment

Between Oregon and Washington there are so many similarities of landscaping that remind me of Japan. Of course here in Washington the summers and nice dry and warm..in Japan the humidity is unbearable.

Comment

camping in japan would be an experience!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.H View Post
                  Well I am new here and just kinda lurking around. I live up in WA near seattle, and I am dieing to go camping this spring/summer.
                  Why are you waiting until spring/summer? Year 'round camping is one of the great things about the NW. There is always somewhere to go, and this time of year there are no crowds to fight. The high desert east of the Cascades is dry and cold this time of year. The western parts of WA/OR are a bit damp, but the temps are mild this time of year.
                  Never underestimate the power
                  of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

We got some snow over here wenatchee..not near as much as they said it was supposed to be.....just wet slushy snow..camping in sub zero temps isnt camping to me you'd die over here..supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight and just as cold tomorrow.

Comment

If you ever get the bug to come down to the Portland area, let me know. I try and get out every payday weekend. What do you prefer? Hike in, car camp, campgrounds, dispersed? I do it all. I take the family car camping a lot so if you have kids, I know of several kid friendly spots.

Comment

Working...
                      X