Lookin for a little help, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for a little help, please?

I was setting up to go to my favorite camping spot at Ollalie Lake Scenic area, and found out to my dismay there was a forest fire located at the Monon Lake area. Now my annual camping trip to Ollalie is ruined, however, since I can't transfer my vacation time I still want to camp this summer. Does anyone know of any remote, camp sites in the Mt. Hood area? I don't mind hiking in to camp, in fact I find it preferable to get away from the dusty roads. Any help would be most appreciated
    Last edited by Doubles; 08-28-2010, 03:57 PM.

To be perfectly honest, it doesn't have to be the mt. hood area..just within washington and oregon *live in portland*

Comment

Howdy Doubles...wish there were more help, the guy that I know of personnally is at this very moment, pounding trail in the Trinity Alps in Oregon. He's very knowledgeable about Oregon. So far, that's about it...we have close to 800 campateers but that covers the entire United States, a few in Canada and a handful of great campateers in Europe and England. Hang in there, maybe something will give shortly!

Thanks for joining CF! Let us know what gives, if you find something to your liking, even though you might have to do all your own research. Most of have, at one time or another. Thanks for joining and sharing! We all see life and camping from our our foxholes and from our areas in the world that we visit. Besides, it's been 4 decades since I did any campin' in Oregon or Washington! Beautiful, beautiful country!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the support Reno. The fire is dying down now, but the site is still not re-opened. The Forest Affairs official said, "there was not enough precipitation in the morning air to stop the fire, hopefully by Tuesday morning we will be able to cut off the forest fire." So I found a new place called Harriet Lake, gonna go there and see if I at least enjoy the fishing. Have a good week everyone!

Comment

Working...
        X