Alaska campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska campers

Just wondering if there are any campers on here from Alaska or if you've ever camped up here?
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Welcome

Howdy nearlywild, welcome to CF!

I was stationed at Ft. Wainwright 77-78. Did winter ranger training at Ft. Greeley. That was in my hitch-hikin and backpackin days. Hitched to the Yukon River and back. Visited Denali lots, even had friends in your town, doubt there are still there. I was involved in a helicopter crash there and eventually had to leave the military with a medical discharge. Alaska is a very wonderful state. Summers are endless...winters to be endured! When I reported I actually drove the Alcan highway in 10 days and only parts were paved. I loved every minute of the time I was there! When the hawk blew and snow-snakes were about a person could get an Article 15 for joggin then! Glad you are here, so tell us about your last campout? Where did ya go?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

We drove to Delta Junction which is about 100 miles from here on Memorial day weekend. We stopped at Clearwater State rec area but they were packed. Talked to the state ranger and she told us about 2 campgrounds that she just left and knew there were open sites. We headed there and stayed at Delta State Recreation Site. It was nice place with very clean bathrooms. When we first arrived there were some people there but not too many. By that evening the place was full. It was a good learning experience for our first time. We learned to bring earplugs, that's for sure. The people beside us were loud and up until 3 am. I know the sun is still up, but go to bed for Pete's sake. And if your voice is echoing, you're talking too loud. Other than that, I think we did a some good research and went prepared. We're heading out again this weekend to Paxson. But this time, we rented a small TT from Outdoor Rec on base. I've just always wondered what it's like in a RV.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

Working...
      X