Membership Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Camping

So I heard from my uncle that it was all the rage in the '60s and 70's to buy memberships to campgrounds. These were private RV resorts where you "owned" your site. You could improve the site, camp there year-round, come and go as you pleased, etc.

Well, we have a 5th wheel, and think this sounds like a great option, and are looking to buy a membership. I tried Googling for these, but I'm unable to find anything other that pseudo-memberships. These are memberships that give you access to campgrounds that only other members can access. But they don't have that permanent aspect.

We live in the Seattle area, and have found only 2. Port Susan and Lake Conner. Well, these are too close to Seattle for us. We'd like something either on the Olympic Penninsula, north of Mount Vernon, or in SW Washington (away from the coast).

Does anyone know of any website, registry, or something similar for private membership campgrounds? Or know of any in particular in those parts of WA?

It's a hard nut to crack! There's a couple of us digging-in with waders on! Couple more days and I think I'll get some helpful info, I hope!:o
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks!

I've posted elsewhere and have received some information. I'll let everyone know what I find when I'm done investigating.

Comment

Re: Membership Camping

How did this all turn out? I'm interested as well.

Comment

Working...
        X