Looking for a beach camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a beach camp

Hi there! I'm looking for a primitive beach campsite [[or just somewhere it's legal to camp on the beach]] where i can set up in a tent [[not a camper.]] on the east coast. I'd love to find somewhere near a town, a small one preferably. I don't really care where on the coast as I am willing to travel. I would be visiting in mid-July for about a week. I don't care for creature comforts so lack of facilities will not be a problem. Please respond with suggestions =] Thank you all.
    -Aya.

Howdy,
    Hope this helps?
    Hammocks Beach State Park off the coast of North Carolina. No bonfires of course since the area is very fragile and any mistakes would cause dramatic damage to the infrastructure. It is tent camping, and some parts of the year you have to canoe or kayak to get there since the ferry does not run all year long. It has several campsites of the remote type, no electric hookup, or nearby bathrooms. They are on the island, but several hundred yards away. I've camped there before and campsite 13 or 14 are fine. They are on the back side of the primary dunes so they are out of the wind. the beach on the ocean side is only 100 yards away. You can hike, sit, or fish (you have to have a salt water license now in NC). Hope this helps. I camped there in 2006 on my way to visit friends in Oceanside.
    Source(s):

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/habe/...
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

i'm looking for a campsite on the beach as well, near the outer banks. can anyone refer me to some resources for beach camping? is that even legal? do they exist near OBX?

Comment

Don't know about the OBX but Assateugue State park in MAryland and Virginia you can camp not on the beach but just behind the dunes. Now some people do pack down the beach I have not seen the set up tents but they do have them. You will have to put up with the ponies.

Comment

Working...
        X