What's Your CG Bucket List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your CG Bucket List?

I am posting this in the NE section because that is my area, but please feel free to share your personal campground bucket list, no matter where.

This is my list of the parks and campgrounds I am planning on getting to as soon as I can. Now that we have decided to venture out of VT for camping options, the list is growing daily.

In VT:

Maidstone State Park - We have family that live in that area, so I am familiar with the surroundings and it is just gorgeous up there. I have heard nothing but good about the park too.

Brighton State Park - I have only driven through Island Pond a couple times, so I'd like to check out the area a bit more and stay at this park. The sites look really nice and big with pretty good privacy.

Burton Island State Park - This one is only accessible by boat, either your own or a passenger ferry, but it looks sooooo cool! Camping on a teeny little island, but still having the amenities available (restrooms, showers, concession/store) would be the bees knees.

That's a start on VT, there are others but these are the top 3.

In NH:

Umbagog State Park - I wanted to go here last year, but we never made it. Nice that they have base camp sites with w/e AND remote sites that you have to boat to. I've heard really good reviews about this park too.

Coleman State Park - A teeny-tiny park way up North that looks simply divine. I honestly haven't heard much about this park, just saw it when I was researching NH options and it's stuck in my head since.

In ME:

I just started looking at campgrounds in Maine last summer, but the two that caught my eye were Rangeley Lake State Park and Sebago Lake State Park. I think Sebago Lake might be a bit more crowded than I usually like, but who knows, I might enjoy it.

There is one campground in NY, in the Thousand Islands region that I stayed at overnight with my Gram years ago. I wish I could remember the name! I'd love to go back and stay for longer and see more of the area.

I checked one off my bucket list just a week ago when we went to Mount Sunapee State Park. I've been wanting to check this one out for a while, so was super psyched to go. The park lived up to all of my expectations and more, loved it! Want to go back again but for a longer time and later in the year when it's a bit warmer.

How `bout you? What's on your list?
    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Re: What's Your CG Bucket List?

I'm making up my list in anticipation of going out West so it's growing in leaps and bounds.
    First I need to re/visit my own "backyard though.

Soooo many parks in NYS it could take a life time.

I want to return or visit for the 1st time the following:

Saranac Lake State Park, a boat access only camp site. 25 on .....Pope's Island(?)in the Lower Saranac is a personal fav. Only 2 sites on the island. Not near any stagnant water which means no leeches (yeah!!!!). Here's an overall vid:

http://youtu.be/Whp7KMm409s

Some great art galleries, vineyards and historical sites nearby.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
      I'm making up my list in anticipation of going out West so it's growing in leaps and bounds.
      First I need to re/visit my own "backyard though.

Soooo many parks in NYS it could take a life time.

I want to return or visit for the 1st time the following:

Saranac Lake State Park, a boat access only camp site. 25 on .....Pope's Island(?)in the Lower Saranac is a personal fav. Only 2 sites on the island. Not near any stagnant water which means no leeches (yeah!!!!). Here's an overall vid:

http://youtu.be/Whp7KMm409s
      Some great art galleries, vineyards and historical sites nearby.
      This was my first thought. There are so many local places to go camping I don't really have a bucket list for camping....never really thought about it.
      Some great art galleries, vineyards and historical sites nearby.[/QUOTE]
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

I camped here as a child, which is why I would like to go as an adult - Assateague Island State Park & Mathews Arm Campground in Shenandoah National Park.
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I need to take the Princess to the Finger Lakes region of NYS and let her wander paths her Da did as a child.
          Buttermilk Falls, Taughannock Falls, Watkin Glens and one other whose name eludes me fer the minit.
          2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
            I camped here as a child, which is why I would like to go as an adult - Assateague Island State Park & Mathews Arm Campground in Shenandoah National Park.
            I keep hearing that name.....wild ponies live there? I know I put it in my bucket list.
            2017:

Comment

When it comes to Assateague Island State Park, I'll never stop warning people to not even think about camping there in the summer. The flies and mosquitoes should be considered armed and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                When it comes to Assateague Island State Park, I'll never stop warning people to not even think about camping there in the summer. The flies and mosquitoes should be considered armed and dangerous.
                Maybe those are the wild ponies NYCgrrl heard about.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Wild ponies at Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia. Great place where the Appalachian Trail comes through. Also close to the Virginia Creeper Trail for good bike riding.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                    Maybe those are the wild ponies NYCgrrl heard about.
                    That's a great line!

In addition, based on unhappy feedback from some acquaintances that camp there, the horses (the real ones, not the insects) have become so accustomed to humans and the fact that we can't harm them, that now the horses are pretty much making themselves at home at your campsite. For example, if they are hungry and you happen to be grilling burgers and steaks, they'll just trod right thru your site and grab the meal off your grill.
                    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                      That's a great line!

In addition, based on unhappy feedback from some acquaintances that camp there, the horses (the real ones, not the insects) have become so accustomed to humans and the fact that we can't harm them, that now the horses are pretty much making themselves at home at your campsite. For example, if they are hungry and you happen to be grilling burgers and steaks, they'll just trod right thru your site and grab the meal off your grill.
                      HAHAHA I would love to see video of this.
                      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                      X