Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campground near Syracuse, NY open year round???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campground near Syracuse, NY open year round???

Hello,
    My family just bought a large camper and we would like to be able to use it when we travel from MA to Syracuse, NY when we visit Cranx (indoor bike park). Are there any campgrounds near Syracuse, NY that we could stay at during the winter months (open year round)?

Thanks

Re: Campground near Syracuse, NY open year round???

I think it's rather uncommon for campgrounds to be open year round up here in snow and cold country, but have you tried the State Park campgrounds in the Finger Lakes? I'm thinking Keuka Lake, Taghannock, Treman, Seneca Lake?
    Good luck.

Comment

alot of the campground owners are snowbirds and close up for the winter,
      many will make an exception and if they know your coming will plow a spot for you, but that type of service will vary,
      best to call each one and check,

Comment

Originally posted by Sammickrilaghan View Post
        Hello,
        My family just bought a large camper and we would like to be able to use it when we travel from MA to Syracuse, NY when we visit Cranx (indoor bike park). Are there any campgrounds near Syracuse, NY that we could stay at during the winter months (open year round)?

Thanks
        Try calling this toll free number. They should be able to tell you what state, DEP, and possibly private campgrounds, are open during the winter months for RVing. Syracuse, is located in the region called Finger Lakes I believe:

1-800-456-CAMP (1-800-456-2267)

Enjoy your new camper!

ETA- Up staters will have a knowing laugh about my not being sure what region Syracuse is in. Some will also feel indignant about my perception that they live up state. Much like my sister who lives in Westchester County:D.
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 03-04-2014, 07:02 AM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Some will also feel indignant about my perception that they live up state. Much like my sister who lives in Westchester County:D.

Hahaha I have the same argument with my brother who lives upstate!

Comment

Working...
          X