Camping in PA state Forests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping in PA state Forests

Looking to get some car camping in during the next few months here in PA.

Want to avoid the State Parks which can get kind of crowded, so am thinking of heading to a state forest.

Has anyone here camped in PA state forests? What was your experience ? Any suggestions as to which one to go to that it on the eastern side of the state (within 2 hours of zip 18930) that offers some good hiking opportunities?

Re: Camping in PA state Forests

I camp in delaware state forest,
    Parking is biggest issue.
    You can camp in pa state forest but require a permit to leave your car overnight at the trailhead parking.
    What I do is park at state game lands parking area, one that borders a state forest and hike to the state forest through the game lands.
    Permit is easy to get if you can't find an sgl bordering a state forest

Comment

Re: Camping in PA state Forests

Originally posted by Glocke12 View Post
      Looking to get some car camping in during the next few months here in PA.

Want to avoid the State Parks which can get kind of crowded, so am thinking of heading to a state forest.

Has anyone here camped in PA state forests? What was your experience ? Any suggestions as to which one to go to that it on the eastern side of the state (within 2 hours of zip 18930) that offers some good hiking opportunities?

I live in the Michaux State Forest. Don't think that qualifies with your time requirement, but there are some nice spots here in south central PA...

Comment

Working...
      X