looking for very private sites that can accomadate 27ft travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for very private sites that can accomadate 27ft travel trailer

I think I am looking for something that is rather hard to find - hoping there might be some undiscovered places out there.

We have camped in a pop-up for years but have recently decided to upgrade to a 27ft travel trailer. The problem though is that we don't like RV parks. We like campsites that offer spacious private sites not something that feels like a parking lot or a lawn of campers. We go camping to really enjoy the outdoors, not for activities, so the activities that RV parks offer aren't necessary either.

We really enjoy the sites at the Cain Hollow Campground in Allegany (NY), and enjoy Hamlin Beach as well. But are looking to find other campgrounds with a similar feel (very wooded sites with a good privacy buffer between the sites). My husband also strongly prefers electric. (I wish he didn't because I see lots of non-electric campgrounds that look great, but I haven't had much luck changing his mind!) We also like sites that are quiet, not a bunch of people playing radios, etc.

Anyone have any campgrounds they might suggest in New York, New England, Pennsylvania or surrounding states?

Re: looking for very private sites that can accomadate 27ft travel trailer

I am not familiar with your area but I would suggest that you copy this thread you have started and also post it in the Large Travel Trailer section of General Chat. It seems to me that you'll get a few more responses if it is posted there as well. Good luck.

Also go to Just Registered and say howdy there. Just as a reminder your first 6 posts or threads have to be moderated, which is no big deal. Then after that your posts/threads and other comments will be made available instantly, thanks.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: looking for very private sites that can accomadate 27ft travel trailer

Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure about posting there since most of the friends I know who have the larger RV's tend to prefer the RV parks - but I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Working...
      X