Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here - looking to camp at Lake Moomaw, Va.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here - looking to camp at Lake Moomaw, Va.

Hi everybody, I just found this site, and wanted to ask a question. Has anyone camped at Lake Moomaw, Virginia? I remember going there when I was a kid, and wanted to plan a camping trip soon, revolved around fishing. Just curious if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of finding a camp site(s). Thanks a lot.

Re: New Here - looking to camp at Lake Moomaw, Va.

man, I can tell this Forum is hopping. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

im sure youve probably heard this before but try looking up campsites online.

Comment

Blowing Springs: Route 39 near Mountain Grove, 23 camp sites, small picnic area, hand pump, vault toilets and dump station. Open year round. Camping fee $8. First-come, first-serve only.

Bolar Flat - Lake Moomaw: concession operated marina with gas sales, camp supplies and slip rentals. The location also has a picnic area, four lane launch ramp and courtesy dock. To reserve the picnic shelter, call toll free 1-877-444-6777 or go online at Recreation.gov . The site is open May 1 through early October. The daily fee is $3 per car. The area is free of charge during the off-season.

Bolar Mountain - Lake Moomaw: 1 picnic area, 4 campgrounds - 32 sites with electrical hook-up, showers, dump station. Open early April through early December. The fees are $16 for a regular site and $20 for a site with electrical hook-up. Reservation and first-come, first-serve sites.

Bolar Mountain - Moomaw Beach: sandy beach with bathhouse. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Fee is $3 per car. Seasonal passes are available for $30.

Hidden Valley: near Warm Springs, on the Jackson River, near historic Warwickton Mansion. 31 campsites, running water, vault toilets, dump station. Open late March through early December. Camping fee is $8. First-come, first-serve only.

McClintic Point - Lake Moomaw: 21 campsites, vault toilets. Open year-round. Group camping sites are also available. Fee is $8 for regular sites and $35 for group sites. Reservation and first-come, first-serve sites.
        DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Comment

bsites9...welcome to the forum. Camping forums usually move at a snail's pace. Patience is required. It could take a week to get a satisfactory response, based upon who is/has camped in your region of interest. Already you have some great answers from other campers, looking forwarded to hearing about your experiences, that is, if you're willing to share? Good luck with your search.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
          X