Applachian Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applachian Trail

What's the furthest any of you have hiked on the Applachian Trail?? Not sure when it'll ever happen but it is a life goal of mine to hike all 2180 miles!! Is that crazy?

Re: Applachian Trail

If you mean vertically, that would be Mt. Marcy in NY...:cool:
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

all of it back in the spring,summer of 80'

Comment

Just a few day hikes on the Maryland and Pennsylvania sections. Good luck with your goal!
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

parts of it. Tennessee Smoky's portion, Maryland and a small bit of PA.
          Goin back to it this weekend! Can't wait

Comment

Good luck to you! I've done some in NJ around Stokes and we're hoping to be able to cover more ground when the kids are older.

Comment

Well if I ever get to it, I'll have to let ya'll know how it goes haha

Comment

I did part of it around Clingman's Dome in TN. Will be walking the entire MD section towards the end of June.

Comment

I've never done any of it. My uncle has done the whole thing over the last couple of summers. My grandmother has done some stretches of it. She also did the entire Finger Lakes Trail and the entire Long Path. She didn't start hiking until she was in her late 60's. She's in her mid-80's now, has broken her hip twice, and has basically lost her marbles, but she's still doddering around.

Comment

People do it. Matter of fact we ran into some AT through hikers this last weekend in the Jefferson National Forest at the James River Foot Bridge (longest foot bridge on the AT). They were trying to hitch-hike into town to do laundry and restock on food. People do it...it's one of my life goals as well.
                    2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Working...
                    X