Jersey/NY/CT Campsites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey/NY/CT Campsites

Anyone have recommendation for car/tent campsites in these areas? All suggestions are welcome!

I would also love to know that! been trying to find a remote pet friendly place in or around NJ for a while now!

Comment

The three state parks in NJ that allow pets are Byrne, Parvin & Wharton. I have never been to these campgrounds, but I believe Wharton probably has the most secluded, pet friendly sites. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...s/wharton.htmlYou could try some private campgrounds if you like those kind of parks (I don't).
      Delaware State Forest in PA is in option:
      http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry.../delaware.aspx
      There are 3 sites in this forest with no hook-ups, pretty secluded and large. We stayed at the Edgmere site and it was very nice. It was easy to get to and don't let the comments about being close to the ATV trails throw you off. It was quiet when we were there.

Comment

ny camping

if you have kids lake george escape is the place to be they have alot to do for the kids all day long.we go every year in august and love it.but if your into doing nothing just relax and take a couple of hikes then north south lake little pond and devils tombstone is the place to be look up ny dec and go to camping.my family loves these places and all located in the catskills region.good luck

Comment

I believe Trisha means the Wharton State Forest - I was raised there. The campgrounds are small and with few facilities, alcohol is forbidden in the forest at any time unless locked away (outside of a search warrant's reach). Chips Folly and Turtle Run Campgrounds will accomodate you nicely in this area, they are private and well-run. Be sure to set a day aside to canoe the Wading River. Visit Micks Canoe Rentals in Jenkins Neck and ask for Steve Sooy. You can spend from just an hour or two to a full day canoeing one of the northeasts' best natural waterways!
          Last edited by tplife; 07-22-2010, 04:28 PM.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
          X