Newbe at tent camping need recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe at tent camping need recommendation

Hi there, I am a new to the forum as well as new to camping. Last week was my first tent camping activity and was great! I went to Bar Harbor Campground with five more friends and I am already planning my next trip. However, there was one rule that was a huge "minus" to the whole experience and the rule was to be quiet after 10pm, and for us, all young people age 25-33 years was a really difficult task.

So, I ask the members in here based on your experience to recommend the noisiest campground so to say. I want to be able to enjoy my camping to the fullest without being shushed and shushing others because someone in the tent next to mine got so tired sitting and watching his campfire that he had to go to bed at 10:30 pm.

Thank you all

Howdy dukeofyork,
    Welcome to these camping boards, hope you stick around yourself all the while you're into campin! As far as camping where there is no curfew on noise...I would say that if should find dispersed(free) camping the best. Usually if you check into the BLM office in the area where you want to camp there is probably land with a dirt road on that allows this dispersed camping. Now, with dispersed camping there is no curfew on noise nor are there flush toilets around either. It's free camping and you and your friends can be by yourselves to your heart's content. Folks that camp at organized campgrounds most likely have rules that govern noise at night when most campers sleep.

Here in Nevada there is a place called six-mile cove on Lake Mojave(about 120 miles southeast of Las Vegas) that is a dispersed campground. There are vault toilets in very poor shape, and a large crowd of campers who go there with one thing on their minds: to party all night long! It's very hot now there but in the cooler months, every weekend the place is just jumping with parties. I made the mistake of camping there once, never again! Good luck!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

that place sounds good but sometimes people prefer a peace and quiet night camp..and so do i..

CampingFun

Comment

In my experience, State Parks (at least here in Mass) have some sort of noise ordinance. I like that, honestly, and no offense to the original poster, the rules seem to keep the younger crowd away.
        Privately owned campgrounds seem to allow folks to generally do what they want.
        I made the mistake of camping at Jellystone Camp Ground in Sturbridge a few years back. They have bands that play till midnight. The site next to ours had about a dozen kids having a kegparty and blaring music all night long. Kids would wander into our site and ask for food.
        I like state parks, they seem to be quieter.

Comment

Working...
        X