Kodiak Cabin 12x9 set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Cabin 12x9 set up

Just purchased this from the USA. Read a ton on this tent but very little on set up. Any pointers would be helpful. Also will be setting up the awning and screen room as well

Re: Kodiak Cabin 12x9 set up

HogSnapper thanks saw those videos, they are on the flexbow. Looks like I am going to document a full setup and post on youtube

Comment

As you can tell I own a 912 Kodiak Cabin. It'll be great to see how you pitch your tent! For me, I always followed the rules, but colored-coated the tent poles, after I practiced a few times pitching it is a breeze! But we always have a few glasses of vino after each major part is completed so I'm never out to break any records! Just enjoying the privilege to tent camp when we do! Just love tent camping in every season, including the fourth season!

Looking forward to see your tent pitched & struck! And your video! Welcome to the best campfire in this hemisphere!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hey Mod. Thanks for the feedback, we have used different colour nail polish to ident. Something like children's clothing rabbit to rabbit lion with lion for a perfect match LOL

Comment

go to your local hardware store and get some different colored electrical tape to mark the poles.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak-Cabin114 View Post
            Hey Mod. Thanks for the feedback, we have used different colour nail polish to ident. Something like children's clothing rabbit to rabbit lion with lion for a perfect match LOL
            My way to ID tent poles as well. Already have it on hand, weather impervious and lots of colours.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Naw, I don't use nail polish! Too hard to find when there is the need for the pole to be used immediately! I spray paint the bottom 1/3 of the pole! In fact I strap all the like poles together, it's a little extra work but works for me! But whatever works for you is right for you!

Just like with sleeping. I have always used an air-mattress and I always will. I've camp in every season of the year! Just because someone says I'm gonna get hypothermia if I sleep that way. I don't get in those discussions or conditions. The coldest temp that I have seen when I woke up is -36 degrees Fahrenheit. I love a good air-mattress and I swear by Areo-bed! Of course I insulate for such extremes but I'm gonna sleep the way I do regardless! This is a forum! Peoples opinions count 100%.

It's great to share experiences!

It's great to learn from one another!

But for one to insist that I'm gonna die from sleeping is foolish! I even have sleep apnea and carry a CPAP machine downrange and use it! If it works for you, it'll probably work for some others. For some others, not! That is why this forum is great! Everyone's opinion count!

God Bless www.campingforums.com !

You won't find many other websites trying to sell you something, other than whats been approved. Not many bloggers here except the dedicated campateers! Everyone gets to camp the way they wanna. It's free hemisphere! Post up, let's share with one another!:cool:
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
              X