Looking at New Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at New Tent

Hey everyone, I love my Eureka Timberline 4, but want something roomer.
    I'm looking at REI, Field & Stream, Cabelas, maybe the North Face.
    Looking hard at the new Eureka Tetragon 5, btw.

Re: Looking at New Tent

There are loads of roomy tents out there. Do you have any other parameters?
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Not really. Only owned Coleman & Eureka so far, wanted some first hand expieriences from others with the other stuff.

Comment

Well for my first post, I hope it's useful.

I'm not sure what your price range is, or how many people your needing a tent for. But from first hand experience, if you are looking for something that will hold up for many years, is tall, is easy to set up, and spacious. Then take a look at the Eureka! Titan.

My parents bought one when I was in middle school....And my 10 year high school reunion is this year. It's been through it's paces many times over. And through virtue of my parents deciding it's finally time for a pop-up, it's now mine. I remember 3 different times being caught in a storm while in this tent. The worst by far was the tornado that touched down about 11 miles from the campground we were staying at. Winds were easily 60 mph at the campsite, with amazing downpours. After it was all over, there was not one single drop of water in that tent. It didn't even move because it was guyed out.

You're going to get over 100 sq. ft. of floor space, it's 7 feet tall at the center, but the walls are nearly vertical. Full coverage rain fly. You can open the tops of the windows even when it's raining to keep some ventilation going. You can also use the divider in the middle to create 2 rooms. Eureka! says it's an 8 person tent, but we all know people are not sardines, but we've had 6 people in there quite comfortably with plenty of room to move around. If you use cots though, you can easily store most everything under the cots and have even more space to move around.

Having said all this, the price tag can scare a lot of people away, at around $500 new.

I also have an 3 room 8 person Coleman that they don't make anymore. But I've had it for about 7 years or so. It's a modified dome with a couple of "rooms" off to the side.

Comment

I'm 35 and stand almost 6'4''
          I've settled on the Eureka Tetragon 5, a 9x9 design that is all I want & need in a tent.
          I found one at Cabela's and once I save $170 it's mine.

Comment

Working...
          X