where to camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to camp?

Hey guys I am looking for good tent camping in were u backpack everything in, that is completely in the wild. Were there are no designated camping areas you just hike until you get tired and pitch your tent. Of anyone knows Amy good areas or ideas it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I too have been on that search for some thirty years. I think back to 1804-1806 when Lewis & Clark did their original inland investigation, then you could camp any where you wanted. Not so today. There are plenty of places that a person can backpack into but fines are steep if you're caught campin' where you are not suppose to. Beside, camping where ever can scar the landscape and the plan is to leave something for our children's children's children's children. Good luck, I would be appreciative also if anyone knows the exact location of Peter Pans Hideout, then I think a person could camp where-ever and never scar the land!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: where to camp?

Hey Gord, excellent resource you noted! I'm copying this up in a sticky on backpack camping in this sub forum! Thanks pard!
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-06-2011, 05:42 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: where to camp?

Very odd - the U.S. home page does not have Maryland nor Pennsylvania listed ...
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Working...
        X