Looking for Campground in Missourii w/canoeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Campground in Missourii w/canoeing

We are wanting to go over the 4th of July and stay the whole following week. So, I'm looking for a place near or not a river so the kids can play and thought we would canoe a couple of days. We would need full hook up and an inground pool would be great since we are staying for so long. Usually, we drive somewhere for our summer vacation but thought about doing a camping trip this summer. Kids are 8 and 10 years old. We live in Springfield, IL....so Missouri isn't that bad of a drive.

Jennifer

Re: Looking for Campground in Missourii w/canoeing

Welcome to the forum. Have you looked t the Ozarks? I haven't been, but always heard that was beautiful country.

WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

We just joined this forum so sadly we weren't able to let you know before your holiday but there are some nice privately owned camp sites in Lesterville, Missouri on the Black River that offer camping and canoe rental that even carry you up river to put in and will pick you up at designated spots down river as well.

Best wishes,
      WanderinWhitlows
      Best wishes,
      The Wanderin' Whitlows

Comment

I am a bit late but Bennett Springs MO has all of what you wished for, and great trout fishing too. You might want to make reservations real soon to get a spot 4th of july is a big time for camping. Just google it Bennett springs and there is all kinds of great details on that web site.

Comment

Working...
        X